What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy (or simply ‘therapy’) is a process of self-discovery that helps a person change and overcome difficulties that they have experienced over a longer period of time. Similar to counselling, in essence, psychotherapy is more of a long-term form of therapy that looks at deeper personality, emotional, and behavioural attributes. It is most successful when sessions are attended weekly for a period of approximately 2 years. However, this time frame is an estimate only and is dependent on many factors unique to each individual. Mindful Synergi clients report feeling comfortable, listened to, understood and with time, experience symptom relief within the safety of the therapeutic relationship.
Our thoughts directly influence our emotions and behaviour. Sometimes, we unknowingly develop deep-rooted feelings, beliefs or memories that have a negative effect on what we say and do. By reflecting on your thought patterns and past experiences, you can gain an understanding of your underlying beliefs about yourself and the world around you. Once you identify the negative thought patterns, you can learn ways to change them or replace them with more positive ones that will help you in your current situation and into the future.
Our therapist will use a combination of approaches to suit your individual healing journey. However, your sessions will all be based on The Conversational Model – a form of ‘talking’ therapy that utilises the relationship between you and your therapist as the primary method of change. This model of psychotherapy is grounded in research from neurobiology, developmental psychology, linguistics, attachment theory, and self-psychology. The Conversational Model is evidence-based and continues to develop with new research. For more information on The Conversational Model please read our blog article What is the Conversation Model of Therapy? Psychotherapy is helpful in resolving chronic conditions such as:
- Personality disorders
- Developmental and complex trauma
- Addictions and compulsions
- Erratic mood swings
- Anxiety disorders
- Anger management issues, or
- Eating disorders.
How Can Psychotherapy Help Me?
Psychotherapy has proven benefits for many issues you may be struggling with, such as:
- Having trouble functioning normally at home or work
- Using alcohol, drugs or something else to try and feel better
- Feeling emotionally overwhelmed
- Feeling lonely or empty inside
- Having trouble forming or maintaining close or satisfying relationships, or
- Having frightening memories or dreams.
Through psychotherapy, you can learn to:
- Make sense of your painful experiences
- Validate your feelings and emotions
- Stop using avoidance to cope
- Develop effective coping strategies, and
- Begin to live in the present, rather than constantly being triggered by the past.At Mindful Synergi we provide a professional, safe, and confidential environment with appropriate professional boundaries We also help you set clear goals and collaborate with you throughout the therapeutic process. We will support you to create fundamental and far-reaching transformations in your life.
Combining your therapy process with some yoga is the best way to contribute positively to your healing. The connection between mind, body, breath, and movement aids recovery from issues like trauma, depression, and stress. Your Mindful Synergi therapist can suggest the best programme for your needs.
To find out more or to book an appointment please call 0411 313 726 or email email@example.com.
Mindful Synergi can be found at 60 Karalta Road, Erina, NSW. Mindful Synergi also offers online psychotherapy or counselling sessions plus a range of yoga services to further enhance your wellbeing.