Yoga is a path to physical, emotional and mental transformation. Regular yoga practice can help you:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Ease back pain and improve posture.
- Build strength and increase flexibility.
- Make important connections between mind and body.
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
Being low-impact, yoga can be practiced by anyone, regardless of fitness or mobility levels. If you can’t get down on the floor, you can learn adapted postures that can be done in a chair. Yoga is such an enjoyable way to exercise that many find themselves coming to class again and again and forming a life-long passion for this powerful mind-body practice.
Often referred to as “Flow Yoga” because of the fluid motion of the body, Vinyasa is a dynamic yoga style that increases the heart rate, improves flexibility, and builds strength. During a Vinyasa yoga class, the body is moved through a series of asanas (postures) that utilise the connection between breath and movement – like a beautiful dance.
Vinyasa Yoga works on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels to connect the mind and body. We often hold onto our stress and anxiety through physical tension and stiffness. As we learn to relax our bodies, we also let go of this mental and emotional tension and bring more calmness into our lives. Combined with counselling or psychotherapy sessions, this style of yoga will bring healing and strength through connecting the mind and body.
Whilst a basic knowledge of yoga is helpful for these classes, it is not a necessity. We cater for all abilities, including beginners, in these revitalising classes.
Here are three of the many benefits that you will gain from joining our Vinyasa Yoga classes.
- It relieves the body from stress. When practiced regularly, vinyasa yoga helps to decrease the levels of stress that the body experiences. Yoga is like a meditational activity that promotes stillness of the mind and the body so that a more focused, peaceful state of mind is obtained. This, in turn, leads to the body eliminating stress and preventing the physical manifestation of different mental health challenges.
- It helps to detoxify the body. Yoga promotes proper breathing and sweating. These two actions of the body help to eliminate toxins through sweat while helping the body to deliver the very important oxygen, along with other nutrients, to all the tissues and organs of the body as proper blood and oxygen circulation is achieved.
- It increases the body’s energy. Regular yoga activity helps activate the body’s energy to help fend off feelings of fatigue. Yoga boosts the body’s energy and strengthens the immune system so that inflammation and sickness are effectively prevented.
A slow style of yoga, Yin is practiced with asanas (postures) being held for longer periods of time – five minutes or longer. By targeting connective tissues such as tendons, fascia and ligaments, Yin Yoga helps to move and strengthen those areas of the body that are not ordinarily accessed with a fast-paced style such as Vinyasa. It is sometimes described as “delving deeper into the body”.
The benefits of Yin Yoga include increases in circulation in the joints, improved flexibility, better organ health, immunity, and emotional well-being; again, using the connection between the mind and body to heal and protect.
Mindful Synergi currently does not have any public yoga classes running. We are focused on delivering personalised private services.
To book your private yoga consultation or corporate yoga package please call 0411 313 726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mindful Synergi can be found at 60 Karalta Road, Erina, NSW. Mindful Synergi also offers a range of psychotherapy or counselling services to further enhance your wellbeing.